Managing Conflict Productively (MCP)
Conflict in the workplace is not only inevitable, it is essential to effective teams and organizations. Innovation, customer satisfaction, employee relations, and all major decisions involve conflict in some form. Sometimes the common reflexive strategy of avoiding conflict results in the illusion that there is no conflict. Though temporarily comforting, that is a dangerous assumption.
The Managing Conflict Productively (MCP) Course is a one-day instructor-led course that is available to professionals certified to use the Conflict Dynamics Profile® (CDP). Upon completion of the MCP Course, participants will:
- Understand the constructive and destructive paths of conflict.
- Execute behaviors that are known to prevent or resolve conflict productively.
- Assess current skills in managing conflict using the CDP tool.
- Identify one’s own “hot buttons” that can trigger a conflict.
- Develop a personal plan for managing conflict productively.
Initially developed for use with our own clients, we have licensed the use of this course to qualified individuals and organizations for use with their employees or clients. This comprehensive course is ready to deliver or can be customized to meet the demands of the client. The experiential learning approach assures active learner engagement. Certification to use this course is available to anyone certified to use the CDP. For those not certified to use the CDP, a combined certification package is available.
We offer three options for MCP Certification.
- Schedule a two-hour MCP overview session with a CFC Master Trainer via an online meeting. This session must be completed prior to taking the MCP Course.
- Complete delivery of a one-day MCP Course to your organization.
- Schedule a one-hour debrief with a CFC Master Trainer via an online meeting.
Option A includes an electronic version of the materials upon agreement of the following Terms and Conditions:
- The CFC logo, copyright notice, and credits must remain on all training materials and cannot be modified. Trainers are welcome to add their own logo and corporate color palette to the materials.
- Licensed users are restricted to using the course within their organization. Users are prohibited from using the course outside of their organization.
- External trainers are prohibited from copying and distributing the course to any person or organization. Except for handouts, trainers agree not to provide copies of the course materials to their clients or any other person.
The cost of Option A is $1,695.00 for one person. This includes MCP Certification and the license to use the MCP Course at a single organization for an unlimited number of trainees. The cost for each additional person certified at the same time is $195.00.